News and Press Room
EASTER SUNDAY FAMILY PICNIC – 17 APRIL 2022
Pre-order a gourmet picnic on the Kievits Kroon lush green lawns with a unique difference.
The hotel will supply a picnic blanket, cushions, and a delicious basket of treats from a build yourself menu selection. Enjoy this feast with wine from our award-winning wine list or a beverage of your choice.
MOTHERS DAY – 8 MAY 2022 **** Early Booking Special ****
Mother’s Day is an occasion that is celebrated in various parts of the world to express respect, honour, and love towards mothers. Only R630 per person for a 5 – COURSE SET MENU LUNCH
KINGSLEY RESTAURANT: 5 – COURSE SET MENU LUNCH
R 630.00 per person
R 340.00 kids under 12
PICNIC LUNCH IN THE GARDENS:
R 550.00 per person
R 320.00 kids under 12
APRIL 2022 – THE GETAWAY MONTH
Escape to the luxury wine estate in Gauteng. Celebrate a romantic weekend or mid-week getaway.
There is no better time to go all the way for that long-awaited vacation. Getaway to Kievits Kroon, the beautiful and tranquil wine estate, known for its luxury accommodation, superb facilities, immaculate gardens, gourmet dining and outstanding thermae facilities and treatments, at one of the best spas in Gauteng.
FOUR DINING OPTIONS @ KIEVITS KROON
Our chef uses the finest local and seasonal ingredients to create five-star culinary experiences.
Granita Signature Restaurant offers a fine dining menu with a multiple award-winning wine list.
Our Kingsley Buffet Restaurant offers a variety of international cuisine as well as themed evenings, depending on occupancy levels. The restaurant also offers an exceptional a la carte menu, including Keto meal options as well as Vegetarian options.
Lord Charles restaurant venue is situated on the first floor and offers a variety of dining options for more private event experiences or large groups. In addition to its magnificent position Lord Charles also provides a lounge and cocktail bar leading onto verandas with a grand view of the estate, all housed in spectacular Cape Dutch-style architecture buildings.
Share a meal with friends at a table under a tree in the garden. Ordering award-winning wines to enhance the experience.
NEWLY RENOVATED! KIEVITS KROON LUXURY SPA & WELLNESS
Pampering, relaxation, and rejuvenation await you at Kievits Kroon’s spacious and luxurious Winelands Spa. We invite you to de-stress and restore your energy and strength whilst balancing body, mind and soul.
The Spa has one of the most advanced thermae treatment facilities in Gauteng. Re-energise and detoxify in the well-designed steam rooms, saunas, Jacuzzis, Swiss showers, Razul room, mud massage & scrub room, herbal bath with exfoliation & massage area, as well as indoor plunge pools. The heated indoor swimming pool with its awesome view of the estate completes the superior facilities. Our qualified therapists are on hand to guide you through the spa experience, including the spa etiquette and the use of the thermae facilities with their numerous health benefits.
Pampering, relaxation, and rejuvenation await you at Kievits Kroon’s spacious and luxurious Winelands Spa. We invite you to de-stress and restore your energy and strength, whilst balancing body, mind and soul. Put yourself into the capable hands of our excellent, well-trained therapists and surrender your mind and body to a decadent, unique spa experience.
April 2022 spa specials LEARN MORE
Planning a wedding? Creating Glamorous Memories
We offer a refined, personal, and seamless wedding planning service predominantly for luxury and destination weddings, only 10 minutes from central Pretoria and 45 minutes from Sandton, Gauteng.
Acknowledged as ‘the Winelands in Gauteng’ with its unique Cape Dutch-style architecture, award-winning Kievits Kroon Country Estate offers small intimate luxury weddings to large and lavish affairs, we are passionate about what we do. We strive to ensure all our weddings are a unique experience, we are passionate about the wedding industry and would be honoured sharing in your special moments when hosting your wedding with us. Kievits Kroon caters for bespoke weddings, which truly reflect our client’s individual style.
WE SERVE AWARD-WINNING BUBBLIES @ KIEVITS KROON
The winner of our June Braai Competition shares her recipes!
Marguerite Barnard, daytime COVID19 healthcare worker and weekend foodie, is the very deserving winner of our BRAAI COMPETITION! Marguerite says that she was very inspired by the competition and had a lot of fun preparing it for the Kievits Kroon team. Her entry was a “Gourmet Mediterranean Braai Platter” and consisted of roasted bacon wrapped
Marguerite Barnard, daytime COVID19 healthcare worker and weekend foodie, is the very deserving winner of our BRAAI COMPETITION!
Marguerite says that she was very inspired by the competition and had a lot of fun preparing it for the Kievits Kroon team.
Her entry was a “Gourmet Mediterranean Braai Platter” and consisted of roasted bacon wrapped dates, chipotle honey chicken sosaties, and handmade smoked paprika hummus.
The entries were judged by our Executive Chef Sivy Marie who said that Marguerite’s platter was “beautifully presented, Mediterranean style and certainly lives up to the name. The textures were balanced and all three dishes very palatable. The recipes are simple and easy to follow. All in all a deserving winner of our competition.”
Chef Sivy’s comments about each dish from Marguerite’s winning entry are below the recipes, which we are delighted to share in this post.
Marguerite wins a night’s accommodation with dinner and breakfast for 2 people at Kievits Kroon and a selection of three cookbooks chosen by our GM Francois Stremmelaar and Chef Sivy.
Gourmet Mediterranean Braai
Platter Roasted bacon wrapped dates
12 pieces streaky bacon (1 standard pack)
24 fresh dates – remove the pips
Cut each bacon streak in half lengthwise
Cover each date with a bacon streak
Anchor onto sosatie sticks or individual toothpicks
Braai until the bacon is crispy and the dates are heated through
Chef Sivy: The duo of bacon and sweet dates is are very palatable and full of flavour. No other ingredients are needed and they blend perfectly together. Easy to eat and would also make a delicious snack.
Chipotle honey chicken sosaties
125ml tomato sauce
Chipotle paste/ rub (Simple Truth has a great one)
15ml Worcestershire sauce
10ml apple cider vinegar
1 pod fresh garlic – peeled and cut finely
6-8 skinless chicken breasts cut into 2cm squares
Half a pineapple cut into bite-sized pieces
Combine chipotle sauce ingredients in a saucepan.
Simmer and stir for 5-10 mins until sticky and thickened.
Make sosatie sticks combining chicken and pineapple cubes.
Baste sosaties with chipotle sauce.
Braai until the chicken is browned but still tender inside
Chef Sivy: Wow! The marinade is superb with a perfect sweet ‘n sour taste. The flavours of the marinade, braaied over the hot coals are amazing – smokey and very tender. I love the addition of the fresh pineapple – perfect to the taste with a dunk of the hummus.
Handmade roasted paprika hummus
This showstopper dish will add some flair to any braai as a leisurely starter or a tapas style main meal.
1 can drained and washed chickpeas
30ml tahini paste (Simply Foods has a great one)
20ml olive oil
Fresh garlic to taste
Salt, pepper Paprika spice – we found a smoked version at our local market
Fresh juice of a lemon
Combine all ingredients into a handheld blender and blend until smooth.
Add 20-30ml of water or olive oil to gain the desired consistency.
Optional – you can add some harissa paste or sundried tomatoes for extra depth in flavour.
Chef Sivy: This is a winner’s dip! The hint of paprika and lemon gives it a perfect tang. It’s smooth to the taste and complements the bacon wraps beautifully.
Serve all onto a beautiful platter and add some fresh cut veggies to dip.
Enjoy with a full-bodied white wine or a light red.
Kievits Kroon in the media
- 21 February: Tell us your love story and win with #BonaWeddings Bona
- 11 February: Don’t know what to do on Valentine’s Day? We’ve got you Traveller24
- 7 February: Valentine’s Day Spoils Get It Pretoria
- 31 October: Time to unwind at Kievits Kroon Hello Joburg
- 31 October: Country restaurants in Pretoria & surrounds Pretoria.co.za
- 23 October: Pamper haven Get It PTA
- 5 October: TFAF: What an experience Get It PTA
- 29 September: 6 reasons why you need to visit Kievits Kroon aZestyLife
- 19 September: People on the Move Tourism Update
- 23 August: Think about the year-end… at Kievits Kroon Hello Joburg
- 11 August: Faircity Hotels welcomes new addition Tourism Update
- 31 July: Our 9 hand-picked restaurants DateNightSA
- 11 July: Kievits Kroon #JoziWeekendWishlist Brandslut
- 30 May: A “Winelands” getaway away from the Winelands BizCommunity.com
- 3 May: Where to celebrate Mother’s Day on 14 May Eat Out
- 2 May: Spoil mom at Kievits Kroon Country Estate for Mother’s Day All4Women
- 12 April: Countryside getaways in the city Gauteng.net
- 5 April:Kievits Kroon hosts lunch this Easter Get It Pretoria
- 4 April: Easter Sunday lunch at Kievits Kroon Country Life
- 7 March: Win a 2 night stay at Kievits Kroon by subscribing Hello Joburg
- 21 February: Pamper yourself at these spas in Pretoria Joburg.co.za
- 7 February: Kievits Kroon dinner and dancing this Valentine’s Hello Joburg
- 22 December: Granita @ Kievits Kroon: A review by Hennie Fisher EatOut
- 9 November: Where to order a knock-out high tea Eat Out
- 2 November: Top 5 Resorts for Conferencing in SA Travel & Meetings Buyer
- 27 September: The great gourmet picnic guide Eat Out
- 19 September: Win tickets to The Finery Fair in Pretoria Bona
- 7 September: The Finery Fair at Kievits Kroon Country Estate SA Country Life
- 7 September: The Finery Fair at Kievits Kroon JoziLife
- 29 July: Dynamic young chef at Granita shows gravitas Pretoria News
- 26 July: Diners Club Gauteng Winelist Award Winners announced TMS
- 13 July: Winter warmer alert: Kievits Kroon Country Estate indikate
- 06 July: A beautiful escape: Kievits Kroon Country Estate Bona
- 22 June: Romance on the cards at Kievits Kroon iol Travel
- 12 June: : Top mini-breaks to try across SA News24
- 11 June: City buzz to classic country: A weekend escape to Pretoria’s Kievits Kroon News24
- 07 June: Father’s Day Carvery Lunch at Kievits Kroon Country Estate Country Life
- 24 May: Time to get toasty: Restaurants with fireplaces Eat Out
- 18 May: 12 Tips to finding the perfect venue Event Organisers Network
- 06 May: Moedersdag in Gauteng: Doen dié dinge saam met jou ma! Sarie
- 04 May: All-you-can-eat buffets: Where to find them Eat Out
- 29 April: Kievits Kroon WomanOnline.co.za
- 27 April: 8 Country Spas & Retreats Country Life
- 19 April: Where to celebrate Mother’s Day Eat Out
- 07 April: Romantic weekend getaway StyleScoop
- 04 April: Find your calm at Kievits Kroon Country Estate DestinyConnect
- 01 April: Win a True Romance Package from Kievits Kroon Hello Joburg
- 15 March: Kievits Kroon Country Estate offers seamless conferencing Entrepreneur Magazine
- 8 March: JoziLife Travel: Kievits Kroon review Jozilife
- March: Top Easter Breaks Afropolitan
- 09 February: 42 Romantic restaurants Eat Out
- 09 February: Where summertime living is easy IOL Travel
- 07 February: Kievits Kroon Weekend CountryLife.co.za
- 07 February: Kievits Kroon Spa Retreat CountryLife.co.za
- 05 February: 5 restaurants with great wine sold by the glass Eat Out
- 05 February: Cuisine the crown jewel at Kievits Kroon Pretoria News
- 02 February: Win a night of romantic luxury for two at Kievits Kroon Country Estate Getaway
- 4 November: Restaurants for proposals: where to pop the question Eat Out
- 4 November: Taste of Winelands on your doorstep IOL Travel
- 7 October: 34 great gourmet picnic spots Eat Out
- 25 August: Renew yourself at Kievits Kroon Joburg’s Darling
- 4 August: Kievits Kroon transformed Get It Pta
- 29 July: Win 2 tickets to the Robertson Wine Valley Festival Country Life
- 16 July: Robertson Wine Valley to host festival for third year BizCommunity
- 16 July: Robertson Wine Valley Festival hosted for the third year at Kievits Kroon JoziStyle
- 24 June: 6 Popular SA spots ideal for the lazy staycationer Traveller24
- 23 June: Review: Granita Restaurant at Kievits Kroon Food Blog Joburg
- 3 June: Restaurants with fireplaces: 2015 guide Eat Out
- 31 May: Kievits takes the Kroon Sunday Independent Life
- 18 May: Idyllic country escape for city slickers iol Travel
- 7 May: Spend some mother-daughter time at Kievits Kroon this month Get It Pretoria
- 4 May: Things to do this Mother’s Day Bona.co.za
- 22 April: Where to celebrate Mother’s Day on 10 May 2015 Eat Out
- 20 April: WIN a weekend package at Kievits Kroon All4Women
- 16 February: Eat Out’s Best Restaurants in Pretoria 2015 Eat Out
- 4 February: More Valentine’s Day Deals: Kievits Kroon (South Africa), Coral Strand (Seychelles), And Preskil Beach Resort (Mauritius) AFK Travel
- 10 January: Win a romantic stay at Kievits Kroon iAfrica.com