Frequently asked questions
What are the health benefits of a spa treatment?
A spa visit is a great experience for the mind, body and soul which will leave you feeling rejuvenated and relaxed. Spa treatments can also address your specific skin and body conditions, to make you look more vibrant and feel more confident.
There are so many treatments, how do I know which one to choose?
It is all about personal preference and need. Some people really enjoy massages, while others would rather have a manicure or a special skin treatment. Our packages give you the opportunity to try several treatments in one visit. Please contact us to discuss the best options.
Do I need to bring anything in particular to my appointment?
On arrival at the spa, you will be given a bathrobe and slippers. If you booked a pedicure, we suggest you bring open-toed sandals or flip-flops, since the nail varnish will take some time to dry. If it makes you feel more comfortable, you are welcome to bring your bathing suit when you make use of our thermae facilities. You can wear your underwear or the disposable underwear we provide for treatments.
Will I have to undress?
Most guests at Kievits Kroon’s Spa wear bathing suits underneath their robes; however it is perfectly acceptable to wear nothing underneath. If you are having an algae or mud wrap treatment, we will provide you with disposable underwear. The therapist will usually leave the room to allow you some privacy when you remove your robe and lie down on the treatment bed. You will be covered with a towel during most treatments and only the part of your body being treated will be exposed.
Should I take any special precautions?
Yes, if you are pregnant, have a medical condition, or are taking medication, please let your therapist know before the start of any treatment.
If you have further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us:
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 0860 KIEVITS (5438487)
Here are some Spa etiquette tips to help you make the most of your visit to the Winelands Spa at Kievits Kroon:
- Please turn off your cell phone while you are here.
- Arrive at least 20 minutes before your spa appointment so that you have time to check in, change into your robe and slippers, and relax. Get here even sooner if you would like to use our steam room, sauna or Jacuzzi. It will help relax you before your massage. Shower off the Jacuzzi´s chlorinated water before your spa treatment.
- Take a shower before your treatment. This will also help you relax and enhance your experience.
- You will be covered with a towel during most treatments and only the part of your body being treated will be exposed. You can keep your underwear on or use the disposable underwear we provide. For reflexology treatments you can stay fully clothed. You can wear your swimsuit for your hydrotherapy bath treatment if you prefer.
- If you are booking a body treatment, massage and facial, they should be booked in that order wherever possible.
- If you are uncomfortable with anything during your treatment – the pressure, the music, the temperature – feel free to mention this to the therapist so that she can change it to your liking.
- The therapist will follow your lead during the treatment as to whether to engage in conversation with you or keep quiet.
- The therapist will usually end the treatment by saying: “Take your time getting up.” This means, take a few minutes, and should not be misinterpreted as an invitation to take a nap!
- Share public space respectfully with other spa users and remember that a spa should be a place of peace and quiet.
- Gratuities are voluntary and are not included in the treatment price. You may wish to tip your therapist based on your experience.
- Please assist us in providing excellent service by giving honest feedback of your experience to the therapist or manager on duty. Guest Questionnaires are also available at the reception desk.